Monday, September 22, 2008

Opportunities in Everything

We are a bit wiped out right now - so forgive the brevity. Nate is doing well - doctors said everything went great and that he will be back to normal within the week.

We knew that we would be walking into a place full of difficult memories, but were shocked to find that the room they put us in is the exact one we were in with Ben four years ago - where we were told that Ben would soon die. When the nurse walked in to prep Nate for surgery, she gasped as she saw us - she was the same nurse who cared for Ben for his last surgery. What are the odds? This is a very large hospital - spanning blocks in the heart of Memphis. Jennifer and I knew that we had to remain focused on the task at hand - Nate needed our full attention. All the same, in the quiet moments while we waited our minds raced. Why?

More later - but I am grateful for the outcome today. I love Nate and am thrilled that he will soon be dancing and shaking his booty to "A Little Bit More". (Yes, I will post a video of this one!)

8 comments:

3Strands said...

Glad things went well today, God is good, and I know Big Ben looks down often and likes what he sees and he and the angels dance themselves, hope youre days are filled with Joy........Bo

Unknown said...

I am so glad that Nate's surgery went well. And I honestly believe that things happen for a reason. That nurse was sent there to take care of Nate by two very special people up above. I am sure Ben was watching over his brother. Always thinking of you guys.
Stacie

alane said...

Praying for Nate and your family during this time...
Alane

Anonymous said...

Glad all is well, God really is good. Your writing is amazing, and your strength is mind blowing...

Robin said...

Nice to see an update on Ben's site and the link to the new blog. Think of you all (and Ben especially), often. Glad to hear that Nate is doing well, that is great news. All the best and congratulations on the impending arrival of your little "girl". How exciting.

Cortney Genova said...

I am so happy for you guys! And that Nate is doing well... A little girl! WOW! What are you going to do with HER!! I pray for you daily, and think of Ben often! Best of luck with all the kids!

Priscilla said...

Hi
I just had to tell you how much Big Ben and your family has touched my life. Im fighting a disease of my own and day by day I feel so drained and hopeless. When i heard about Ben's story, it reminds me of how I should be living today to its fullest, not dwelling in fear or worry of the future. You and your family definitely spent each day with Ben with happiness and joy. Ben's story is an inspiration and a silver lining. Thank you. and I pray that your family and you will continue in God's will.
Priscilla

Katie said...

Followed your other website to this one to see any updates. Just someone who has followed Ben's story for a long time. Thrilled to hear about the upcoming baby girl! What a new blessing! Glad to hear that little Nate made it through his surgery and hoping he's still doing well. God's love to you all!