Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Bit of Unrest

Early tomorrow morning, my wife and I will take our 3rd son (Nate) to a local children's hospital for a surgery. While it is not a critical issue - and we have experienced much more complex circumstances with Ben - our heart is heavy this evening. No parent feels comfortable sending a child off to a surgery - and to give up control to complete strangers. We certainly would value your prayers tomorrow and over the next few days as he recovers.

While this is a scheduled surgery - the rush of emotions is far from planned. This is the same hospital Ben endured two very difficult brain surgeries. We will be in the same surgical unit and same waiting area that we were surprized to learn that "it was over" that we should "pack up and take Ben home to die". Jennifer and I remember that day by the minute with such clarity and to walk back through those very doors tomorrow morning will seem like walking back in time. Even writing these words tonight causes my heart to race, a sick feeling to my stomach and a urgent sense of loss for my little boy.

I must remain focused for my family - so I will stop here. Please pray for us - for Nate to feel peaceful and be OK, for his brothers not to worry and for us as parents. I am sure you can imagine what is racing through our minds tonight.

I will post an update tomorrow night. Good night all.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I pray the surgery goes well for Nate, and I pray that the waiting and the walking through those doors again for you and Jennifer are met with love, hope and relief and not an overwhelming feeling of anything else. Many prayers, lots of hugs and please let us know how the surgery goes. Will be thinking of you all today.

3Strands said...

I pray that you and family will have a peace about the surgery and pray that Nate is in Gods hands and that things all go well, and pray that God gives you a great feeling of comfort.......Bo

katy said...

Thinking of you today....will be waiting for an update.

Alabamamom said...

Tom, it's Ginny Owen's aunt here. I went to Ben's site and saw that you started this blog. I'm glad to get an update of what the Lord is doing in your life.